Department of Mathematics
About The Department
Mathematics as a subject was an integral part of the college since its inception. The faculty of mathematics has made a conscious effort to grow in sync with the directions of the Institute and an awareness of the larger needs of the society. In the year 2020, we established as Department of Mathematics.
The department has competent faculties with wide knowledge in pure & applied Mathematics. This year the department is offering B.Sc. (Hons) program. It will provide opportunities to the students to choose their career in education and research in various field of Mathematics. The role and use of mathematics has increased manifold in the last decade with the onset of the information revolution that has impacted several other disciplines as well. This has put additional expectations on mathematics from the point of view of teaching, research and applications. Skills in computational mathematics are needed more than ever before. Keeping this in mind, the department runs several foundation courses for all students pursuing Arts, Science and Commerce degrees to lay a strong foundation to the various fields of Mathematics that would be essential and useful in personal and professional life. Besides these, the department also caters to the need of M.Com and M.A. programs in the campus.
The department aims to deeply involved in research and share the knowledge to the academic and industrial sectors through publications, lectures, collaborations and consultations.
Career opportunities/higher studies
- Teaching(school, Higher secondary,College level and University level)
- R&D (ISRO, DRDO,NASA and many of other institutes in India)
- Actuaries (Specific job duties of actuaries include compiling and analysing statistical data, creating strategies that minimize risk, drafting reports that outline the implications of their research, and explaining study results to the stakeholders of the research)
- Big Data analytics ( can help organizations to better understand the information contained within the data and will also help identify the data that is most important to the business and future business decisions)
- IT Sector(Work duties include creating computing languages and tools, helping engineers with their computing problems, and conducting studies and publishing the results.)
- Banking and Finance Industry (When companies and individuals need to make investment decisions, they factor in the expertise of financial analysts.
The specific job duties of this profession include making recommendations about financial portfolios, studying financial statements, and writing reports for clients about the status of their accounts)
- Statistician (Their duties include developing statistical theories in response to a business challenge; evaluating the appropriate data points to consider; creating experiments, polls, and surveys to gather information; and analyzing data and coming to conclusions)
- Administration and Management
- M.Sc In Mathematics
- M.Sc In Mathematics with Computer Application
- M.Sc in Industrial Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Operations Research
- M.Sc. in statistics
- Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D.
- M.Tech in Computer Science.
- M.A in Economics
- Assistant Professor Mr. Mrunal Parsekar
- Assistant Professor Ms. Ranisha Fernandes
- Assistant Professor Ms. Jacqueline Do Rosario e Souza
- Assistant Professor Mr. Meetal Raikar