Carmel Ex-Students Association
Carmel College of Arts, Science and Commerce has a registered Alumni Association called the Carmel Ex-Students Association or ‘Carmelex’. This association was registered in 2020-2021 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, with the Sub-Registrar of South Goa on the 15th of October 2020.
• To inculcate a sense of belonging to the Alma Mater.
• To be a support system to the Institution in executing its vision.
• To elicit feedback on the efficiency of the programme offered by the Institution.
• To liaison with ex-students of the Institution and tap the resources available for furthering the Institutional goals.
Number of Members:
The Association consists of 143 enrolled members. Members include past students from the Higher Secondary, Graduate and Post Graduate programmes.
There are two categories of membership:
1. Life Membership- An ex-student is eligible for life membership if they have held Ordinary Membership for two years AND
2. Ordinary Membership- Annual membership open to all alumni.
• Entrance Fees/ Admission- ₹ 10
• Annual Membership Fees for Ordinary Members- ₹ 100
• Life Membership Fees – ₹ 1,000/-
Alternatively, members can apply directly for life membership on the payment of ₹ 1,410.
The Carmelex Association is organized into a General Body consisting of all the members and Executive Body consisting of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and Batch Specific Members. The affairs of the Carmelex Association are handled by the Executive Body.
An Annual General Body Meeting is held once a year, usually in the month of August.
• The Carmelex has instituted the following prizes for excellence in academics:-
• Carmelex prize for highest marks at B.A. (Sem. I and II)
• Carmelex prize for highest marks at B.Com. (Sem. I & II)
• A token amount is contributed by the graduating students each year.
• The Carmelex sponsors refreshments for the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel every year.
• The Association organizes the much-anticipated Voice of Carmel Singing Competition on the 14th of February every year.
• The Association also organizes fund raising activities such as canteens, pop-up bazaars and festivals.
• Besides this, the Carmelex Association organizes skill based workshops, talks on health and fitness and other activities that will contribute to the betterment of the students in the institution.
CARMEL EX-STUDENTS ASSOCIATION
|Ms. Nicole Marie Coutinho||President|
|Ms. Louise Ann Sequeira||Vice President|
|Ms. Swizzle Rita Furtado||Secretary|
|Ms. Sweta Ramakant Sattarkar||Joint Secretary|
|Ms. Lina D’Silva||Treasurer|
|Ms. Faye Valonni Pinto||Joint Treasurer|
|Ms. Queenie Viegas||Member|
|Ms. Nazarana Banu Shaikh||Member|
|Ms. Rivya Dias||Member|
|Ms. Vinita Q. D’Sa||Member|
|Ms. Nelia Fernandes||Member|
MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
For further information on Carmelex Association
To join WhatsApp kindly contact