Our college offers Three Year Integrated Course for a Bachelor’s of Commerce Degree
(under Section 24(1) of Goa University Act 1984)
COURSES OF STUDY
Eligibility Rules for admission to Semester-1&II ( in the first year) B.Com Course:
Eligibility for admission to Semester I of the 3 years integrated course leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Commerce ( B.Com ) is as follows:
- A) The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination at Std. XII conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in the following subjects:
i)English(higher level or lower level)
ii)Any one of the Modern Indian Languages or Modern Foreign Languages
(Higher level Or lower level)
iii)to vi) Four other subjects from among the subjects mentioned
iii)to vi) Four other subjects from among the subjects mentioned and one subject from among the remaining optional subjects prescribed for the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination.
- i) Economics v) Mathematics and Statistics
- ii) Book keeping and Accountancy vi) Secretarial Practice
iii) Organisation of Commerce vii) Co-operation
- iv) Geography
- B) The Higher Secondary Certificate(Std XII) Examination in Vocational stream conducted by the Goa State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in one of the following subjects:
- i) Office Secretaryship and stenography
- ii) Accountancy, Auditing v) Insurance
iii) Marketing and Salesmanship vi) Industrial Management
- iv) Programme Assistant vii) Garment Designing & Making
- C) Must have passed XII Commerce or similar examination of another body, equivalent to Goa Board of secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Goa and recognized as such by Goa University.
- A candidate not covered under any of the above categories but desirous of seeking admission to the said course may apply to the college. However, the Registrar along with Dean of concerned Faculty and Chairperson(s) of Board(s) of Studies of concerned subjects shall decide the eligibility.
- A candidate admitted for Semester-I shall be deemed eligible for admission to semester-II
- A candidate migrating from another University and desirous of direct admission to Semester-II may be considered for admission provided he/she has cleared/passed First Term/Semester –I examination of that University with those subjects for which admission is sought and undertakes to successfully complete the other compulsory papers of Semester-I.
Eligibility Rules for Admission to Semester-III & IV of B.Com. Course:
- A) A candidate who has registered and have requisite attendance for Semester I and Semester II shall be eligible for admission to Semester III.
- B) A candidate migrating from any other recognized University may be considered for admission to Semester III of the B.Com. provided: (a) he/she has passed the First Year B.Com examination in all subjects from that University, (b) he/she had offered at the first Year the same subjects as prescribed under Major category available under the scheme of this University, (c) he/she undertakes to successfully complete the compulsory Information Technology/Environment Studies syllabus prescribed by this University for Semesters I & II, if he/she has not already done so in the previous University. Result of Semester IV examination shall be withheld if the candidate fails to fulfill this undertaking.
- C) A candidate admitted for Semester III shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester IV.
- D) A candidate from another recognized University may be considered for direct admission to Semester IV provided he/she fulfills the conditions in (a), (b) and (c) at (C) above and in addition has passed/cleared Semester III/First Term examination of the Second Year B.Com. of that University. However, the result of Semester IV shall be withheld if the candidate does not fulfill these conditions.
Eligibility Rules for Admission to Semester-V of B.Com. Course:
- A) A candidate who has been declared passed in Semester I to Semester IV examination shall be eligible for admission to Semester V.
- B) A candidate admitted for Semester V shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester VI.
- C) A candidate migrating from any other recognized University may be considered for admission to Semester V of the B.Com. Course provided: (a) he/she has passed the second Year B.Com. Examination in all subjects from that University, and (b) he/she had offered at the Second Year the same subjects as prescribed under Major category available under the scheme of this University. A candidate fulfilling these conditions shall be eligible for admission to only Semester V.
Eligibility Rules for Admission to Semester-VI B.Com Course:
- A) A candidate already admitted for Semester V shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester VI
- B) Direct admission to Semester VI shall not be permitted.
B.Com. Semester I and II
(Seven papers of 100 marks each in addition to Environment Studies paper carrying 50 marks)
Subject 1 : Choose any one (Semester I & II)
- Geography of Resources
Subject 2 : Commerce paper :Financial Accounting I
Subject 3 : Commerce paper : Principles of Management I
Subject 4 : Business Economics
Subject 5 : Mathematical Techniques
Subject 6 : Information Technology
Subject 7 : Foundation Course (Choose any one) Semester I & II
- Accounting paper I
- Marketing paper I
- Insurance – Principles & Practice
Students offering Accounting paper I will compulsory opt for Geography of Resources, those offering Marketing paper I will opt for English and others can opt for any of the two.
Subject 8 : Environmental Studies
B.Com. Semester III & IV
(Seven papers of 100 marks each )
Subject 1. : Choose any one ( Semester III & IV)
- Business Communication
- Business Environment
Subject 2 : Business Economics
Subject 3 : Statistical Techniques
Subject 4 : Business Law
Subject 5 : Commerce paper : Financial Accounting III
Subject 6 : Commerce paper : Business Finance
Subject 7 : Applied Component subject (Choose any one)
- Accounting (Semester III ) / E.Accounting (Semester IV)
B.Com. Semester V & VI
(Seven papers of 100 marks each including the Project )
Subject 1 : Industrial Management
Subject 2 : Entrepreneurship Management
Subject 3 : Economics
Subject 4, 5 & 6 : Three papers in the Major Category
Subject 7 : Project paper
Major Category :
- a) Major 1 : Advanced Accountancy
- b) Major 2 : Income Tax, Service Tax & Goa Value added Tax
- c) Major 3 : Auditing
Business Management Major
- a) Major 1 : Marketing of Service
- b) Major 2 : Financial Management
- c) Major 3 : Strategic management